NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

Thursday 5 March 2015


Everyone and their mama has been raving about the new NARS foundation that was released at Sephora about a month ago.
Being the beauty addict that i'am and in the name of being a professional blogger (lol always my excuse) I had to get my hands on this little guy and try it out for myself.

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation retails for $57 (canadian)
Contains 30ml
No SPF & Oil free
Parabens Free
Available in 20 Shades
Wears for 16 hours

MY SHADE: Syracuse

What else you need to know:

“It’s the first time we’ve ever done a high-coverage foundation. We waited for the right moment, when true weightless innovation was finally available. It had to be comfortable, high-coverage, and incredibly long-lasting—the formula really had to be perfect. It’s high-performance, but still very soft and natural.”— François Nars, Founder and Creative Director

So i tested this foundation for a good two weeks before finally coming to the conclusion that.....I LOVES IT!
This product is perfect for those who want a medium coverage but with a very natural look and feel at the same time. 
During the application it's super easy to blend into the skin with a flat top kabuki brush such as the Sigma F80. It will give you a semi matte finish without making your skin dull or dry.
It's super long lasting and will not fade or change in colour over time.

When I wear this foundation I don't have to set it with a powder and it will not become extra oily over time which was a big hit for me as i hate using setting powders on my skin.

THE NOT SO GOOD PART:
1. I will say that if you have a lot of texture or dry skin then you really want to exfoliate and hydrate your skin very well before applying this foundation or it will cling onto those areas and make them even more noticeable. I would recommend using a hydrating primer if you do have dry skin and want this product to work for you.
2. In my opinion this product will not give you the ultimate full coverage, it will come lose to that but for those who have really bad acne scares this foundation will not completely cover them up.
3. Also I feel like if you try to add more then two layers to the skin. this foundation will start to look cakey real fast! Therefore less is definitely more when it comes to this product.


All in all I'm giving this baby an 8/10
I'm not giving it a full 10/10 because even though i find the packing very high end looking it is a little too bulky for me and not very travel friendly. Also this formula may not work out too well with those with dry/textured skin. and lastly it is quite on the pricy side therefore not affordable to many.

Hope you guys enjoyed this blog post and until the next one...STAY BLESSED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |